ETonline - Breaking News

Monday, January 18, 2010

Red Carpet Golden Globe Awards 2010

Hollywood Glamour at what is suppose to be its best on the red carpet showing off designer clothes and Jewelry. I like watching this part of the show to see the fashion statements being made by Hollywood, but the main part of the show generally leaves me yawning.

In watching the arrivals I would say this about these 5 women from left to right on their fashion statements for this award event, HIT, HIT, TOTAL MISS, HIT, AND JUST OKAY!.



I thought Sandra looked beautiful with the deep colored dress perfect for this time of the year and in a romantic color. The deep colors in the dress matched her deep tones making it a perfect match that set if off very well.

Then came Mariah, let’s face it Mariah the girls are no longer 20 something and could use a little propping. I found the dress to be nothing special and one I have seen on her design wise, many times. A little something to the imagination goes a long way when attempting to be classy.




I thought George and date was a handsome couple, although I was not impressed with his tuxedo. It could have been more dashing with a better bowtie. His girlfriend looked lovely and the dress she picked also was perfect for the occasion, very pretty on her.




Drew Barrymore, however, is such a pretty woman, but the dress was a miss. The lines of the dress actually complemented her, but the color looked washed out against her fair skin, and what was with the Christmas garland look on the shoulder and hip area? Drew, change the color next time to something that compliments your skin tones and lose the garland.



Fergie and husband looked romantic, very handsome couple on the carpet last night.


Meryl Streep picked up another award last night to add to her well-deserved collection. Congratulations Meryl, well deserved. By the way, anyone see “It’s complicated?” One of the best movies I have seen in some time, kept me giggling to myself the whole movie. My son took me on Christmas day, and he found the movie funny, good family entertainment if your kids are a bit older.

I have to say then when I watch these programs, I am always a bit disappointed in the appearance of the stars themselves. It certainly is not like Hollywood’s Golden Age. Today many stars show up looking like the fell out of bed, slapped makeup on, and got dressed in a hurry. A few have not let me down, such as Ms. Witherspoon. She always looks like a Golden Age Hollywood era Actress, Hollywood royalty, generally speaking. I have to say Nicole Kidman also is always stunning, these two always have the whole package look.



Post your comments on who you liked.



No comments:

Post a Comment